Systems Engineer - Infrastructure
Are you an analytical person with excellent problem-solving skills? Do you help identify and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems and are looking for your next challenge? Then read on!!!
We are recruiting for a Systems Engineer who will plan, design and implement changes to the information systems to improve functionality, resiliency, security and efficiency across different business units. Key skills required for the role are experience in Microsoft Azure IAAS and PAAS services, Office 365 and Azure AD. Knowledge of kubernetes, docker and infrastructure as code would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Systems Architect this role will see you:
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Computing Science/IT degree /diploma – Highly preferred
- Extensive experience with core Microsoft applications, including Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365, Microsoft SQL Server, File and Print Services.
- Working technical knowledge of container and orchestration technologies including Docker & Kubernetes
- Working technical knowledge of CI/CD, Infrastructure & Ops as Code
- Working knowledge of server operating systems including Windows Server and Linux
- Experience in backup technologies with Excellent software and network troubleshooting experience.
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia